Wednesday, August 09, 2006


�I was living with my daughter,son in law and grand daughter, who is just fifteen day old.We were asked to leave Muthur by the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam.We had no choice,except to safe guard our lives.Sri Lankan forces have started to shell before we went to a safer place.I crawled under a bed with my just born grand daughter.She got injured on her spine.There was no treatment.We starved for three days without a dip of water.There was not even dirty water available to drink.Later we managed to move to 65th milepost.We walked with barefoot for fifteen kilometers.We got some food from the residents.We shared the food with others after three days.Then we walked to Thoppur.We walked the whole Friday.We pleaded for help,and got into tractors to get to Kantale.My daughter and grand daughter were killed in 2004 Tsunami.I am afraid to return to Muthur� says Ibrahim Faleela Umma (55) from Thakkuanagar in Muthur